Bullying: My worst fear and how I conquered it!

Fear, sooner or later, you have to face it. Fear can of many things but for all kinds of fear the only way to get rid of it is to face it. I used to fear bullies. Bullies can be found anywhere: in the classroom, in the bus, in the playground and in the neighbourhood. They will do their best to call you names, pull you down and make you feel like dirt. It is a big problem in our country especially for children like me.

Initially, I was very rattled by this. There were many times when I reached home crying. I started to dread going to play. School was not much different. Constant bullying was having an impact on me. My parents took up the matter with the teachers and supported me.

Those were days when I was filled with dread because of those bullies. They used to bully me sometimes on some physical trait or just something random. I started pondering about this day and night. This was having a big negative influence on me. I used to be cranky and in a bad mood all the time. At the same time my brother was also starting to face bullying. In school, the teachers did try to stop it but the bullies still found new ways of bullying.

It slowly dawned on me, I will need to adapt if I want to stop getting affected by this. I had to take up the gauntlet. This was easier said than done as I would need to deviate from my soft spoken and shy nature and face the bully head on. I slowly started learning methods on how to stay detached and unaffected. My parents were a huge support during this time. They started teaching me how to face the bully, how to retort so that the bully does not dare to try bullying me again.

Witty retorts went a long way in helping me face the bullies. Soon, people started thinking twice before hurling slants at me. I learned how to retort properly against bullies during this period. Aside from the occasional comment, bullying more or less is not a problem for me anymore. My brother however was still getting affected by this. This started to remind me of how I used to be bullied.

He was constantly teased in the bus and sometimes in the class. Though my parents and I were trying to help him but I knew that you cannot depend on someone else to fight the bullies all the time. You will need to stand up to them and that is the only way that you will successfully fight the bullies. My brother is also learning that slowly. Now I have finally faced my fear and conquered it.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

School reopens!

Random updates

My first blog post!